- Jenna Abutineh
NEW TEACHER SPOTLIGHT: Hisham Arafat
We welcome all of our new teachers to the PVS community! Each month, we will profile a new teacher. This month, we are featuring Mr. Hisham Arafat.
1. What subject do you teach at PVS?
I teach fourth, fifth, and sixth grade Social Studies.
2. So far, what is your favorite thing about PVS?
I greatly enjoy the family-like atmosphere here at PVS, making it like a second home for me. Also, I appreciate the relationships and friendships I've made with my students.
3. What are your expectations from students?
My expectation for my students is for them to do their best, whilst always holding themselves accountable for their actions.
4. What are your hopes for your journey as a teacher at PVS?
I hope to achieve what every teacher should aspire to achieve: benefit my students.
5. Anything interesting you want the PVS student and parent body to know about you?
I have been teaching overseas for the past few years, thus making this my first experience with students in America. This has allowed me to have a different perspective on students, as well as being/having a versatile approach to dealing with and educating my students.