New Teacher Interview: Manal Ali
We welcome all of our new teachers to the PVS community by profiling a new teacher in the newsletter. This month we are featuring Manal Ali, Director of Preschool and 7th Grade English teacher!
1. Give us an introduction. Tell us a little about yourself.
My family and I recently moved from New York to Tennessee and have been here for the past year. I love teaching and have been doing so for the past 15 years! I graduated from Touro University in 2006 with a bachelors in education.
2. How did you come to teach at PVS?
When I decided to move I applied to jobs in Tennessee including teaching at PVS. I was offered many positions in charter schools and Shelby County Schools but I preferred an Islamic environment for my kids and myself. When Principal Dr. Malley reached out to me and after being in Memphis for a couple of months, I quit my job in a charter school and was excited to work in PVS.
3. So far, how has your experience been here? What is your favorite thing about PVS?
My experience in PVS so far has been beyond great. I feel very welcomed and supported in the working environment here and everyone is very friendly. My favorite thing about PVS would probably be my coworkers. The people you work with have a huge impact on the experience you have. I’m pleased to say that I work with amazing people.
4. What are your hopes for your journey as a teacher at PVS?
I hope that I can make a real impact in the lives of the students that I teach and hopefully make an impact in PVS. As long as I’m able to help to the best of my abilities, I'm content with the job I hold currently in PVS.
5. We would love to learn more about you! Is there anything interesting you would like the PVS student and parent body to know about you?
Well, when I’m not teaching or working, the two things I love doing are cooking and reading!